The Green Party of the United States is seeking a qualified, solutions-oriented individual for the role of Accountant. This position will be hired as an independent contractor. Compensation will be commensurate with experience. Voter registration as Green is highly preferred.
The primary role of the Accountant is to maintain a general ledger or Steering Committee (SC) approved accounting software of accounts that accurately records all of the receipts and disbursements of GPUS and its various committees, caucuses, and networks.
The secondary role of the Accountant is to prepare and submit financial reports to the Treasurer as specified in GPUS Fiscal Policy.
Responsibilities of the Accountant:
- Record the receipt and disbursement of funds in accordance with the revenue categories as defined by the Fundraising Committee and the GPUS budget.
- Maintain the payroll records of GPUS and serve as the interface between GPUS and any outsourced payroll service.
- Advise and assist the Treasurer on financial matters and regulatory compliance as requested from time to time.
Duties of the Accountant:
- Record revenues in the general ledger and make reports thereof as directed in GPUS Fiscal Policy, and as requested from time to time.
- Record all disbursements of GPUS funds executed by the Treasurer and make reports thereof as directed in GPUS Fiscal Policy, and as requested from time to time.
- Record all transactions promptly to provide real time financial information to users.
- Ensure that the payroll program is maintaining an accurate record of employee leave balances.
- Reconcile the bank and debit/credit card statements on a monthly basis and send to the Treasurer.
- Prepare financial reports as directed in GPUS Fiscal Policy and as requested by the Treasurer, the Finance Committee, and the SC, and forward them to the Treasurer for review, approval, and distribution to the appropriate users.
- Prepare the FEC reports for review and filing by the Treasurer.
Please send your resume, cover letter and contract payment expectations to email@example.com.