This teleconference/webinar is designed especially for Greens who are running for office or considering a run in the near future. This call will cover various aspects of media relations from traditional media to social media. This will be an interactive dialogue with participants about how to garner media attention for your campaign and use the media to get your message out. The call will be led by Scott McLarty and Justin McCarthy.
Topics to be covered include:
(1) Building a Green media presence in your city or state
(2) Press releases and advisories
(3) Press conferences
(4) How to use social media to engage with volunteers, donors, and other constituents
(5) tools to integrate messaging across social media platforms
(6) integrating traditional media with social media
Scott McLarty serves as media coordinator and co-chair of the Green Party's Media Committee. He also handles media work for the DC Statehood Green Party. Originally from Long Island, New York, he now lives in Washington, DC. Justin McCarthy is a 24-year-old communications professional and organizer, also living in Washington, DC. Justin currently co-manages the Green Party's Facebook, Twitter and other social media accounts as well as those of the DC Statehood Green Party. Justin has worked in a variety of roles on multiple campaigns for both Scottish Green and US Green candidates and has published opinion articles in such prominent outlets as The Hill.
This call will be at 9 PM Eastern. Make sure to RSVP on Facebook or below!
- April 25, 2017 at 9pm – April 26, 2017
- 180 people are going