Thank you for your interest in getting involved in North Carolina!
We need volunteers committed to collecting 14,,000 approved signatures in Covid-safe conditions by May 1, 2022. Can you help?
- Visit the NCGP ballot access petition campaign page and sign up to volunteer!
- Download and print the NCGP Ballot Access Petition.
Print one-sided only, on white letter-sized paper. Signatures of residents from only one county per page. (So if you have five signatures from residents of five different counties, then you must use five one-sided sheets. These are state rules, sorry!)
- Read our Tips, Instructions, and Script for collecting signatures.
- Sign up to volunteer on the form at the bottom of this page.
- Donate to our ballot access fund.
- Send a prewritten email to Gov. Cooper, asking for petitioning relief during Covid.
The North Carolina Green Party is fighting a history of voter suppression—the Republican and Democratic Parties that run the state have placed serious restrictions on the rights of other parties and independent candidates to run for office. First the two parties kicked us off the ballot after the 2020 election because Covid-19 prevented the Green Party from all-out campaigning and petitioning during a nationwide lockdown, and now Governor Cooper and the state are refusing to grant us relief from having to petition to get back on the ballot during an ongoing global pandemic—the state is insisting that alternative parties go out in unsafe conditions and collect over 15,000 petition signatures just to get on the ballot. And Cooper will not even grant us the commonsense right to collect signatures electronically over the internet; he's making us do it in person with pen and paper. While the Democrats give lip service to voting rights, they are fine with imposing undemocratic requirements on alternative parties and their supporters.
Despite this hurdle, we're still pressuring the governor to ease ballot access laws in North Carolina and, and in the meantime we're gathering the required signatures to get on the ballot. Will you join us?
If we all work together as a team, we can do this and maintain our ballot line. The other parties do politics by organizing money. We must do it by organizing people.
By signing below, you are pledging to collect however many signatures you can. Even just 5–20 signatures from your friends and family will help.
The North Carolina Green Party will follow up with you and provide you the support you need, including inviting you to join our Slack workspace for petitioners. Stipends will be available for petitioners who are able to make a greater commitment.
Do you have completed petition sheets to send in? Send them to
NCGP Petition Drive
PO Box 6022
Cary, NC 27519
There are several ways that NCGP can retain or renew ballot access.
- NCGP wins at least 2% of the total votes for President and/or Governor in the next General Election.
- NCGP can renew ballot access if a Green Party candidate is on the general election ballot of at least seventy percent (70%) of the states in the Presidential election.
- NCGP can renew ballot access if we collect petition signatures for at least %0.25 of the previous presidential election or approximately 14,000 certified petition signatures.
Please donate to the Ballot Access Committee Fund to help GPUS win ballot access in all 50 states!
We are looking for people to help coordinate our ballot access efforts in their region or county in North Carolina. Please scroll down and sign-up to help volunteer to build North Carolina Green Party membership and registration efforts!
You may also contact one of our ballot access leads below:
North Carolina Ballot Access Coordinator
For anyone interested in North Carolina ballot access, fill out the form at the bottom of this page to stay up to date with petitioning efforts, and use the links below to connect with North Carolina Greens on social media, where a lot of the organizing and events are discussed.
North Carolina Green Party: