We Can Make 2018 Better
As 2017 comes to a close, we are happy that the Green Party of Philadelphia (GPOP) was able to improve so much. Our new leadership has made major innovations and has developed new ways for members like you to participate.
Here are seven ways for you to become an active member of the Green Party:
Become a Green Party Representative for 2018 and join our Electoral Operations Working Group (EOWG). This involves no meetings at all. It will make you a member of Green Party electoral campaigns, volunteering at your polling place during the Primary Election on Tuesday, May 15 and during the General Election on Tuesday, November 6.
- Become a Green Party candidate by running for electoral office. This is not about winning. Running for office is about publicizing the Green Party and what Greens stand for. Running for office is also about gaining experience – experience for you and experience for your campaign volunteers. This is all part of building the Green Party.
- GPOP is currently seeking candidates to join our City Committee as Recording Secretary. Will you volunteer? Know someone who might be interested?
- Join our Outreach Working Group.
- Join our Communications Working Group.
- GPOP will hold elections for our seven-person City Committee (think, “steering committee”) in early 2018. Read about those offices in the GPOP By-Laws, and consider running for one of the offices. You can really help the Green Party grow if you are a member of our leadership committee.
- Build the Green Party’s resources by becoming a GPOP Sustainer.
As Jill Stein reminds us, “It is in our hands.” During 2018, we will make the Green Party even better if we work together. Thank you for your continued support!
Be sure to check us out on Twitter and Facebook keep up with our latest news!
Green Party of Philadelphia