National Lobby for 100% Public Funding Only for ALL Elections
It's official we have the new 2019 calender and the lobby dates! Greens from all over the United States will join together during this week to lobby their congress to ask them to take the the public funding only pledge and also to sponsor or co-sponsor a bill in Congress to free our elections from any sort of bribery cash: special interest PAC, corporate or dark money donations.
Instead – qualified candidates from every party would get an equal chance in TV, radio and printed ads, debates and appearances. This would allow other voices to be heard and the American voters to be aware of all of their choices.
The Green Party of the United State's National Lobby
April 1 – April 5, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Now is the time to get lobby members from your states and coordinate which members they will schedule meetings with.
- Contact the US Senator or Congress person's scheduler to make an appointment with their aide on campaign finance during this five day time period where fellow Greens from every state will also join you on The Hill.
- Coordinate the preferred method of transportation and accommodations for the days you will be there for each lobby member. Transportation around the Capital is very easy using the metro - so if lobbyists can stay near a metro stop travel will be quite a breeze to manage.
- Plan for 10 - 15 minutes meeting time for each of the 2 Senators from your state and each Congress member in the hours of 10 am - 4 pm Monday - Friday of this 5 day session.
- The photo and press conference at the steps of the Supreme Court will be on Wednesday April 3rd at 9:00 am event will be that evening location TBA.
- Stay tuned for suggested questions to ask during the visit and also for the bill that is in the works which we ask each member to sponsor/co-sponsor.
- Keep in mind that while our united effort will be to get all elections publicly funded your fellow state Greens may also want other concerns brought up as well. Make a plan on what you will leave for the legislator in regards to all of these issues.
- Feel empowered to use your Constitutional right to petition your government and participate in creating and enforcing the laws that enhance a better form of democracy that is one of our international four pillars.