Bahram Zandi is currently a co-chair of the International Committee and a delegate to the Federation of the Green Parties of the Americas (FPVA) and also one of its vice-presidents. Originally from Iran, Bahram has been active in the Maryland Green Party since Ralph Nader ran for President in 2000.
Zandi was recently elected as a vice president in the executive committee of the FPVA which allows him to participate in the Global Greens Coordination meetings.
He has worked with the Green Alliance, Secular Greens and the Green Party Diversity Caucus and has been a representative to the International Committee of the Green Party of the United States since its start.
Bahram has attended conferences in Ukraine, Austria, Brasil, Spain, Venezuela, Greece, Spain, Bolivia, Croatia along with appearances throughout the United States.
Summary of International Activities:
- European Green Party Council, Kiev, Ukraine, 2005
- European Green Party Council, Vienna, Austria, 2007
- Global Green Congress, Sao Paolo, Brazil, 2008
- World Social Forum, Belem, Brazil, 2009
- UN Forum 2010, Santiago de Compostela, Spain
- US Social Forum and GPUS ANM, Detroit, Michigan, 2010
- Food Sovereignty study tour of Venezuela, July 2011
- European Green Party Council, Athens, Greece, 2012
- European Green Party Council, Madrid, Spain, 2013
- FPVA congress delegate, La Paz, Bolivia, 2013
- Visit to Mondragon Cooperatives, Spain, 2014
- Moderator for Peace Action Forum, Feb. 2015
- European Green Party Council, Zagreb, Croatia, 2015
- FPVA congress delegate, Dominican Republic, November 2015
- FPVA congress delegate, Brasil, November 2016
Conference and Workshop Presentations:
- Workshop on Iran, GPUS ANM , Baltimore, MD July 2012.
- Workshop: The Militarization of America, At What Cost?, GPUS ANM, Iowa City, IA, 2013.
- Workshop: Crisis in Ukraine, GPUS ANM, St. Paul, MN, 2014
- Left Forum panel, May 2015
- US Social Forum panel, June 2015
- Workshop: Mondragon Cooperatives: Humanity at Work, GPUS ANM, July 2015
- Left Forum panel, May 2016
- Sao Paulo Forum, June 2016.
- World Social Forum, Montreal, Canada, August 2016.
- Left Forum panel, June 2017
Available to speak on:
Militarism and War