Boycott Gasoline - Earth Day to May Day
No Fossil Fuels. No War. No Climate Catastrophe.
Tax windfall profits of fossil fuel companies!
Fund stimulus checks and clean public transportation!
Earth Day Strike 2022 for People, Planet and Peace over Profit
As armed conflict drives us closer than ever to the brink of nuclear annihilation – we are also plunging over the cliff of climate catastrophe! Oil and gas are fueling both of these disasters.
Fossil fuels are the #1 source of greenhouse gases destroying the climate.
Likewise, the war in Ukraine – like past and present conflicts in Yemen, Iraq, Libya, Afghanistan, Syria, Nigeria, Sudan and more – are driven by disputes over fossil fuels and transport routes, compounded by ethnic/religious tensions and corrupt, ruling oil elites.
Fossil fuels not only underlie these conflicts. They also power the production of weapons & the conduct of war, making the US military, for example, the world’s largest single institutional producer of greenhouse gases.
We must hit profiteers where they feel it. Let’s slow the cash flow through the economic pipeline that fuels the banks, oil barons & war makers from Earth Day to May Day – ten days to steer away from war and climate crisis!
- Use public transportation, or bike or walk where feasible.
- For those with no alternative to driving, consider carpooling and reducing non-essential driving.
- Demand elected officials – from the local to national government – prioritize alternative transportation: sidewalks, bike paths & public transit.
- Run the war makers and oil-igarchies off the road
- Demand alternative transportation
Pledge to Join the Gasoline Boycott Now at www.EarthDayStrike2022.org
Peace Action Committee of the Green Party of the United States