Rally and March at 11:00 AM
Mandatory Emissions Cuts • Climate Debt Reparations • Climate Jobs • Just Transition
The world’s governments are meeting this month in Glasgow, Scotland for the 26th world climate summit. It is time for the US to promote emergency global climate action and stop obstructing it, as it has in past Global Climate Summits.
- Mandatory Emissions Cuts — The US must commit itself and push other industrial nations to binding emissions cuts sufficient to limit global warming to 1.5°C.
- Climate Debt Reparations — The US must pledge at least $800 billion this decade to helping low-income nations mitigate damages from global warming and build their own clean energy economies.
- Climate Jobs — The US must create millions of good jobs building a 100% clean energy economy.
- Just Transition — The US climate program must provide good jobs to workers displaced by the transition and must ensure that disadvantaged communities get the good jobs and the improved housing, mass transit, and toxic waste clean-up they need.
New York needs a Just Transition. For example, the state's $200 million investment in offshore wind tower manufacturing at the Port of Albany must ensure green economic development in the adjacent South End, including good jobs for residents and clean energy upgrades and other improvements to housing.
AUSE (People of Albany United for Safe Energy), Green Education and Legal Fund, Extinction Rebellion Capital District, Upper Hudson Green Party, Radix Center, Green Sanctuary Committee of Unitarian Universal Church, Albany Women Against War, Bethlehem Neighbors for Peace, 350NYC, Food and Water Watch, Citizen Action Capital District, Troy Area Labor Council, South Asian Fund For Education Scholarship and Training Inc ( SAFEST), Bronx Climate Justice North, North Bronx Racial Justice (list in formation)
- November 06, 2021 at 11:00am – 2pm
153 Grand St
Albany, NY 12202
Google map and directions
Upper Hudson Green Party