Deadlines for Workshops and Stipends Approaching
The deadline to submit workshop proposals for our Annual National Meeting is March 30, 2019. We have a great opportunity to share our knowledge, skills, experience and expertise at the meeting. Here’s a sneak peek at some of the proposals already submitted for the meeting.
Change Comes from the Roots
Green Party Annual Meeting
Salem State University
July 25-28, 2019
The deadline to submit workshop proposals is March 30, 2019. We have a great opportunity to share our knowledge, skills, experience and expertise at the meeting. Here’s a sneak peek at some of the proposals already submitted for the meeting.
- Colonialism in Hawai'i and Puerto Rico and across Latin America
- National Committee Legislative Sessions
- Experiencing & Promoting Peace
- Resolution H2O
- Community Organizing 101
- Sovereignty, Stewardship, and Solidarity
- Resolving Ideological Confusion
Do you have good presentation skills? Do you have a workshop you have presented somewhere else that might be good for the meeting? There is still time to submit your proposal. We are especially are looking for proposals related to the theme – Change Comes from the Roots.
Here are some of the topics we would like to see presented at the meeting:
- Social Media basics including livestreaming, creating groups and pages, tweeting and more
- Organizing Around Issues
- Media topics including interviewing as a candidate or spokesperson, creating an “elevator pitch”, press conferences
- Forming locals including success stories
- Connecting with and supporting local social movements
- Database management for locals and states, generating walk lists, etc
- Ranked Choice Voting
- Green New Deal
To submit your proposal, visit http://salem.gp.org/ and click the "Workshop Submissions" tab, which will take you to the workshop proposal submission form. You don't have to have your entire presentation ready.
The deadline to apply for travel and lodging subsidies is also March 30. We have a small amount of money to give to caucus-eligible persons. You can get information and the application here.