George Wolfe is Polling at 8%
GREAT NEWS! A recent poll conducted by Gravis Marketing shows George Wolfe is already garnering 8% of the vote for Secretary of State here in Indiana. This makes it clear that the Indiana Green Party is becoming a political force to be reckoned with in our state.
Together we can end gerrymandering, establish same-day voter registration, make election day a statewide holiday, bring back disenfranchised voters, and move forward to change the adversarial political culture as we reclaim and re-energize our democracy.
Here are a few tips for everyone who wishes to help petition so I can gain ballot access.
- Start by asking the people you approach if they are registered to vote.
- If they say yes, give them one of my postcards and tell them you are canvassing for George Wolfe, the Green Party candidate for Secretary of State. (You can print out the postcard from my website along with other materials if you wish. Or you can send us a message and ask that we send you our postcards in the mail).
- Tell them our main goal is to end gerrymandering and to take redistricting out of the hands of politicians.
- Ask them if they would be willing to sign the petition to get my name of the ballot. Tell them this doesn’t mean they have to vote for me. It’s just for getting my name on the ballot.
- Then say that only a Secretary of State from outside the two major parties can reform redistricting because both major parties have been guilty of gerrymandering.
- If they say they are not registered to vote, give them information on how to register, including the most recent method of registering via text message by texting the word “Indiana” to 2VOTE (28683). (You can register to vote online, by paper, IOS, & Android).
- I have found these steps to be very successful in getting people to sign my petition. Remember that even if someone you approach refuses to sign, you are still publicizing the Green Party. They may be attracted to our platform later after they hear more about us, and eventually become a future party supporter.
Volunteers & Petitioners Needed
Thanks for you help!