Idaho Greens begin Ballot Access Drive
As the 2020 election season comes into focus, the Green Party of Idaho is diligently working on the Ballot Access process necessary to get the Green Party of Idaho and your candidates on the ballot. The Green Party Ballot Access Committee is directly involved in making this year's bid a success.
Idaho, as with all things #DirectDemocracy, has a particular set of rules designed to discourage the feint of heart. The following rules apply to the Ballot Access Petition:
- The party must state its proposed name in no more than six words.
- The petition must state that the subscribers of the proposed party desire to place the party on the ballot.
- The party must submit signatures equaling at least 2 percent of the aggregate votes cast for president in Idaho at the previous general election for president.
- The party must file the petition with the secretary of state by the stated deadline.
- The format of petition sheets must be patterned after such sheets as used for state initiative and referendum measures.
- The petition can not be circulated any earlier than September 1, 2019.
That last requirement is the reason for not circulating for ballot access at this time.
In the meantime, there are other non-profit organizations across Idaho you can support that are in line with the Values and Principles of the Green Party:
- Medical Marijuana Initiative
- Minimum Wage Initiative
- Green New Deal
- Prison Sentencing Reform
- Anti-Human Trafficking
Congratulations on being part of the solution,
Green Party of Idaho