2,000 signatures needed by March!
Thank you for your support. Betsy Marsano is grateful to have you on her team. However ... Time is of the essence. The campaign to nominate Betsy Marsano for governor of Maine is at a critical juncture.
In order to be nominated for the Green Independent Party primary election ballot, Betsy needs signatures of 2,000 enrolled Green Independents by March 15.
Realistically, while allowing a week or more to get signatures verified by municipal clerks before submitting them to the secretary of state, we have merely 3 weeks to get this done.
How can you help?
1. Email Lyn Joy, the campaign's Signature Collection Coordinator, to receive petitions sheets and lists of enrolled Green Independents in your neighborhood. Then go get their signatures.
2. Catch up with the campaign at one of the following events to sign the petition and help to get others to sign. Know other Greens, or friends who will register Green? Bring them along to the following events:
- Any party caucus scheduled and listed at www.mainegreens.org
- Wednesday, February 14 from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve voter registration drive at:
Belfast Co-op in Belfast,
Blue Hill Food Co-op in Blue Hill,
Portland Food Co-op in Portland, or
Rising Tide Community Market in Damariscotta.
- Friday, Feb. 17 from 6 to 11 p.m. at the Wintergreen Dance Party at the Franco Center in Lewiston, at 46 Cedar St.
- Monday, Feb. 19 and Tuesday, Feb. 20 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the University of Maine (Orono) Memorial Union, 2nd Floor.
3. Have a connection with a college or university? Help us reserve a table to enroll students in the party so they can sign Betsy's petition. We only have until February 28 to enroll new voters because of the 15-day waiting period for municipal clerks to confirm their enrollment.
4. Donate today to help us fund the signature collection effort, including cost of gas, mailings and tabling reservations.
We know why you are supporting Betsy Marsano for governor. Mainers need a choice in November who is genuine and unique, progressive and home-grown.
But your support is needed now, more than ever. Our number 1 priority is to get Betsy on the ballot -- with signatures.
Thanks again from all of us on the Betsy Marsano for Governor campaign team.
Marsano for Governor