Coronavirus Event Cancellations in March
PITTSBURGH – Out of an abundance of caution, the Green Party of Allegheny County is canceling our planned canvassing and public events in March to help contain the coronavirus. Holding public events then going door-to-door canvassing is a recipe for spread of the virus, so we're cancelling to reduce the risk of exposure especially for the most vulnerable in our community
You can learn more about COVID-19 (coronavirus) from the CDC at: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html.
Thanks for your understanding!
At present we expect to proceed with our April events, including a Green Party presidential caucus at our April General Assembly Meeting on April 7th from 5:30 p.m - 8:30 p.m. We will monitor and update as necessary If you cannot make this time, you may apply for an absentee ballot from the state party; for more information on how our Green caucus works and who the presidential candidates are, please see: https://www.gpofpa.org/2020_caucus.
In the meantime, you can learn more about our Green candidates this year at https://greenslate2020.org, or the following links:
- Garret Wassermann, state representative, 45th district (Allegheny - Coraopolis, Neville, Robinson, Stowe, Carnegie area) - Facebook,Website
- Jay Ting Walker, state representative, 23rd district (Allegheny - Oakland, Squirrel Hill area) - Facebook, Website
- Tim Runkle, State Treasurer - Facebook
- Olivia Faison, Auditor General
- Richard L. Weiss, Attorney General and state representative, 39th district