Current actions & 2019-2020 campaigns
EUGENE, Or – The focus of the Pacific Green Party will defined at the convention to be held on Saturday, October 19; but our aim is to focus on statewide races while supporting local races and local chapter strengthening. We are making the convention accessible for participation online via zoom meeting by going to this link: https://zoom.us/j/950279953
Please let us know you are coming by registering; particularly if you want to join us for the evening social in Coos Bay; you can email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Strategy for 2020: - 2020 races
- We will run ambitious campaigns for Secretary of State (focus on electoral reform, Corporate “rights” and corporate “personhood”); the US senate (focus on military spending) and Bureau of Labor and Industry. We also plan to run for local local offices
- The goal for 2020 is for one of our statewide candidates to get 5% of the vote - this will allow us to retain the ballot line AND it wields true power as some of the races can be decided by few points.
- Have active locals across the state - particularly in Central, East OR and the coastal areas - able to mobilize greens to support our local allies
How To Get Involved
- The best place to see actions and meetings is facebook for now
- We are rehauling the website - to function as an organizing tool for locals - we want your input
Portland / Clackamas area: Please go to the Facebook groups under the Pacific Green Party, including the Women’s Caucus website
- Meet Up: Feminist Greens Organizing and Celebrating (PDX area)
- DONATE: if you can’t be there, support those on the ground with a RECURRING DONATION.
Locals: New Tool For Organizing
- We subscribed to ZOOM teleconferencing, to facilitate participation.
- Let us know if you want us to set-up a Zoom meeting for your local or caucus - to make it easier for greens to participate
- For example: women’s caucus monthly meeting: https://zoom.us/j/770291672, 2nd Sunday of the month, 10:00 a.m. Join us - We can Close caption the meetings on ZOOM!
LOCALS: please update your facebook group and send us your key events or initiatives to broadcast, as well as suggestions and the number of new registered greens.
Be seen being green – now is the time to move away from your computer and show up in person